Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday, Monday

I'm extremely bo(red) here at work today. I'm practically by myself. It's so quiet and it's driving me nuts! Mom Turner and I just did our walk around the Cap. It was nice to get out.

This weekend we cleaned the church building...all four of us that showed up. That's always a delight. I'm just going to go ahead and assume that no other team does as thorough of a cleaning as ours. Nor do I think that the other buildings get cleaned every week, let alone once a month. That's all I'm going to say about that. I will say this: Group 4, you're on your own next month because I'll be enroute to Paris. Happy cleaning!

I also planted 200 bulbs I had ordered direct from Holland. Doesn't that sound so fancy? I don't really think they're that fancy, but probably more so than those from HD or Lowe's. I'm hoping that within the next month or so, I'll have Irises (Iri?), Gladioli, Alliums, and Peonies. Per usual, Paiute Place will be back to being the best looking home on the block. Yes, my backyard still looks like @#$%!

Don't worry everyone, I was able to use Toro on Saturday. It's such a pleasure now to mow the lawns of Paiute Place! It was almost too sad for me when I was finished. I must have looked like a fool as I stood there with the mower running, staring at my neighbors overgrown lawn, itching to mow it for them. I'm sure they wouldn't have minded but I didn't want to insult anyone. Instead I called it done. However, I later found that the fun didn't end there - this nifty new mower of mine has an attachment for the hose allowing the mower to clean itself beneath the deck. How cool is THAT?! Pretty snifty, right?! I know, I know, you all want mine...but you're gonna need to back off because you can't have Toro. He's mine! I will tell you that Costco had it for $10 less than what I paid for it. No, I'm not going to haggle over a $10 difference but my point is that if Costco has it, then I know it's a great product!

Let's see, what else do I have to share with you. Those of you who have seen my DVD collection know that it has been in dissarray for nearly three years. They have resided on my dining room floor, carefully stacked along the wall NOT in alpha order. Gross, I know! I finally had DVD shelves made. In usual John Turner fashion (Meja, I know you'll feel me on this), I had to stress about the paint/stain color for a few days. Don't worry, a decision was made and I'm okay with the results. The shelves look very nice in the corner of my living room. I have a lot going on in my living room but I really have no choice. My home is quite small and until I can upgrade, this is how it's gotta be. I'll try and post pics soon as I know everyone will be just DYING to see them! I know, right? Pretty exciting stuff!

With that, I think I'll sign off and figure out what in the crud we're doing tonight for a FHE activity. That is the neverending question!

2 comments:

Ariane said...

For the Record:
1. I was one of the four people in group four. Holy Cow, people! I don't want to be one of three next month.
2. I am glad blockbuster is finally becoming ABC order. It has been hard to truly see what I am "renting", this new system will so much easier.

Lindsay said...

So, no problem watering some plants while you are away... but do I get to mow the lawns too? I may need a training session on how to properly make patterns in the green with Toro if that is the case!