Thursday, July 17, 2008

Gearin' it up...

I have to tell you about a funny I did this morning. I'm driving Little Jimmy, my pickup, to work this morning. I get to about Howe. For those of you not familiar with the area, that's about four exits from my house. I'm be-boppin' along when I see that the gear shift is leaning closer to the seat. I thought "How did that get down there?" Then I realized that I had been driving 65+ in 4th gear!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sure! I then shifted into 5th gear and continued on my way. It immediately sounded and felt a lot better. I am such a dork sometimes. Little Jimmy doesn't have a tachometer so who knows if it would have been in the red that whole time. Sheesh. The pick up takes a beatin' but it sure keeps on tickin'. Nevermind that I've hd the thing for probably three years now and I've never changed the oil!!!! Granted, I don't really drive it alot but I'm sure it's probably time for a lube job nonetheless!


Paiute #10 update:

I spent last night painting two rooms. I finally decided that I would go ahead and use the 5 gallons of paint that I had purchased. Initially, I had brought it home but was very concerned about the color. I didn't want my tenants to feel like they were living in a cave. After much debate and HELP! calls to Mom Turner, we all decided that I would just paint and get it done with. I LOVE IT!!!! I should have never doubted myself. Well done John Turner because in the end the color turned out F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S! Pictures will be up soon...when I have time. At this juncture, I have 2 1/2 rooms to paint, bathroom gussied up, and a butt load of little things like outlets, and such left to deal with. It's getting there, people!!!

No comments: