Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ever have one of those days...


...when you just want to hit something or somebody? Yesterday was one of those days.

We started the day off with two hours of phone coverage. Yes, I had to answer and direct calls from those on Medi-Cal. Who wouldn't want to do that?! What? Did you ask if we had support staff? We're down to one but she can only answer the phone TWO HOURS AT A TIME! WTH?!?!?!?! She sure as heck doesn't do anything else! Useless #$%^&*($*&%#)(%*&#(##$%^&!!!!

We continued the day with a computer that seemed to do nothing but compute...or rumble...or scan...or whatever it was doing to make the little green light continuously flash the WHOLE FRIKKIN DAY! For those of you not familiar with this, it means that my computer was doing everything else BUT what I wanted it to do. It had no time for me. I wanted to throw it out the window!

It gets better - I was approached by the section chief, AGAIN, to update a website that DOESN'T EVEN BELONG TO ME! What time? Oh, it was 2:30. Excuse me, but it takes several hours to download, convert, make sure they're ADA compliant (they seem to be taking over the world outside of the parking lots too!), upload, complete all of the required information for each frikking document as required by the Department, etc...I finally had to hit the power button on my computer because I couldn't get it to do anything I wanted it to do and I sure as heck wasn't staying any later so that I could do somebody else's frikking work.

It was just one of those days...but now it's Tuesday. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sure say HECK a lot. There are a HECK of a lot better words to say that help relieve frustration more than HECK. Maybe that's why it was so frustrating for you? Take time to scream out a couple of curse words this holiday season, and remember that Jesus still loves you.