Saturday, August 23, 2008

Notice to Appear

August 21 has come and has thankfully gone! It was about two months ago when we were on our way to San Luis Obispo for Lynzy's high school graduation. We were about three hours down I-5 SOUTH when I was pulled over by a cop. I immediately thought it was because the Camry (aka Lexus)had a light out as the light indicator had intermittently come on and off. He claimed and cited me for going approximately 100 mph and tailgating. Whatever.

Thursday, August 21 was my scheduled court date in Los Banos of Merced County. The judge seemed very understanding of the people who had DUI's and were finising their "programs". Apparently people who have had the opportunity to kill people while driving get to CHOOSE when they serve their jail time. Good frikkin' grief! Don't worry, as soon as I got up, somebody had flipped his switch, he stated he was "tired of giving speeches". He did drop the tailgating charge but continued to fine me for speeding. How much? Let's just say that last week I received an offer to go to London for $749. I could have gone to London and had a few very nice dinners for what that darn ticket cost! MKAY! Not cool. Not cool at all. However, in the long run, it was good that the tailgating was dropped because once my insurance gets wind of the point on my record, I'm sure my rates will go up. Better to have one point than to have two!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

This story makes me so sad!!